OUR HIstoryConnected to our past
In 1872, just four years after the first Lutheran families moved into the district, the Emmaus Congregation built a Lutheran Church and school at Emmaus, near Eudunda. This congregation later moved into Eudunda where the present school was established in 1904.
A series of additions and extensions have taken place over the years. When the new hall was built in 1995 the previous hall was changed into a library and classroom, renovations changed the front entrance and office area and a new administration area was built. In the new hall, beautiful stained glass windows were installed. These were designed from drawings by the children and have been donated to the school by a number of families.
In 2004/2005 the Centenary Lunch Shelter was completed to enable students a sheltered lunchtime seating area. Funding through various sources including the Federal Government’s ‘Investing In Our Schools’ project saw Interactive Whiteboards and sound field speaker systems installed in every classroom, along with shade sails over the
St John’s Lutheran School became
In 2017 St John’s School was also officially recognized as a Dyslexic Accredited School.